Finding the best battery powered backpack sprayer isn’t hard when you’ve got this handy list to tell you which ones are the best.
Here we will talk about five of the best ones. These sprayers are great for spraying fertilizer, pesticides, or anything else you want to get around.
They will help your landscaping efforts become that much easier. Let’s get into the list.
If you’re in a hurry and you just to find out what we consider to be the best value for money backpack weed sprayer and not costing the earth, then we recommend the Sprayer Plus 105Ex Backpack Sprayer.
Click on the link below and check it out for yourself.
Comparison Table 15 of Best Electric Backpack Sprayers in 2023
Best Battery Powered Backpack Sprayer 2023
105Ex Effortless Backpack Sprayer
The new and improved Sprayer plus 105Ex backpack sprayer is lightweight making it ultra-portable and weighing in at only 9.6lbs dry weight which is around 3 lbs lighter than traditional manual pump backpacks
I like how they’ve designed and enclosed the electrics, the brains of the sprayer pack with its own little compartment to house those vital electric parts keeping them covered from any moister or water floating around.
The tank can hold up to 4 gallons and with its 20V Lithium-ion battery you can expect to get around 23 full tanks out on a single charge.
The 105Ex is powered using the latest Lithium-Ion battery technology with a constant 40 PSI, giving you a more reliable and even spray plus it uses high-quality Viton seals to ensure extra strength, durability, and long-lasting use.
On the horizontal, the sprayer will shoot out a stream of up to 33 ft and vertically 23 ft making any vine or tall tree assessable.
Reach higher and further with the 105Ex Effortless Sprayer compared to conventional pump-up sprayers
- Easy and simple to use
- Used for Fertilizing, Herbicides, Weed and Feed, Fungicides, Pesticides, Insecticide, General Gardening, and General Cleaning
- Uses high quality Viton seals and stainless steel frame
- Is more for large use and professionals
- Hard to completely dry out the tank
Runner Up 1: YT25E battery sprayer
The YT25E can also be used as a battery operated hand held sprayer for those quick jobs if you don’t want to wear it as a backpack.
It offers you the chance to use 36 gallons of material on a single charge. This is a high-efficiency sprayer designed to make your work easier.
It is a machine that will give you hours of use with just a single charge, and the PSI remains constant when you use it.
You can spray all over the place with this machine and cover lots of ground.
The seals used are top quality Viton. They’re industry trusted and are quite durable, very strong and they last a lot longer than regular old rubber seals.
This means you can spray for a greater duration without the worry of chemicals leaking out.
The reach you get on this machine is superior. This particular sprayer can reach 33 feet when spraying horizontally and then 23 feet when spraying in a vertical direction.
This is based on the spraying of water, so this may change depending on what you are spraying.
The nozzles included are pretty great, there is a big variety of these parts included.
This lets you be flexible in how you do your work. These nozzles are custom made for this sprayer, so you can choose just the right one for your job and steam, fan or mist your way to a job well done.
- Customer service is great at sending replacement parts/offering help
- Many nozzles included to help you do the job right
- Constant 30 PSI for strength and coverage
- Clip at bottom of the tank holding the carry strap falls off easy
- Battery may not hold a charge after repeated use
Runner Up 2: KIMO Battery Operated Backpack Sprayer
Kimo battery backpack sprayer is out top choice for those who’s not looking to spend a ton of coin, wants a backpack sprayer and tuff.
The sprayer will get you up to 23 ft of spray stream on the horizontal and 25 ft in height, and with its 43″ extension metal wand coupled with the 47 reinforced clear PVC hose, you’ll be able to reach any high vines or tress with ease.
And with just a twist of the adjustable brass tip, you can go from spot spraying to wide-area spraying in just seconds. The sprayer does come with extra couple of tips giving you more options.
I like how they’ve molded the sprayer to protect the battery and electrics with its own compartment, protecting them from any water or moisture getting in and causing havoc.
Another thing I like is the dual PSI function. With just a flick of the button, you can change the PSI setting from 40 to 70 PSI.
With the 20v 2Ah Lithium-ion battery, the specs say you’ll get around 5-6 hours of spraying time on a single charge. Because the battery is removable you can use it on all their other hand tools.
- Kimo firm shield allowing to have a load capacity of 172lbs
- Extendable wand
- Wide open mouth for fast easy filling
- Equipped with a lockable switch so you can hold the handle without having to constantly press it down and spray.
- Wand is plastic
- Sprayer tends to stop spraying once you get to the bottom of the tank (and there are still chemicals inside).
Alternative: Scott’s Lithium Ion Sprayer
This particular sprayer features PumpZero technology.
This means that it is designed to be more consistent and more convenient as compared to standard manual pumps.
This particular machine uses a lithium-ion battery as a means of powering an air compressor electric pump.
The air above the tank is pressurized and this causes the fluid to get pushed through the hose, all the way to the nozzle, and then sprayed out.
It is ideal for watering, fertilizing, pest control, weed remediation and weed prevention.
Other great features are the Premium Shut Off.
This is a lockable shut off which reduces fatigue in the hands, and also features a nickel-plated brass poppet that offers precision and strength in the form of an easy to clean filtration system.
The want is extra-long and is noncorrosive.
Another good safety feature is the pressure release valve. This helps release pressure before you remove the pump.
This prevents chemicals from getting on you and making you sick or uncomfortable. Also, the inclusion of Viton seals is used so that the highest chemical resistance can be enjoyed by the user.
Lastly, there are three spray settings that help you get the job done more efficiently.
- Takes 5 minutes to assemble, no tools needed
- No pumping needed with this sprayer
- Tank is designed for stability and feels good when worn
- May have trouble recharging the unit
- Product is not made by Scott’s, so any customer service questions are directed to the manufacturer.
Best Hand Pump Backpack Sprayer
Field King Professional Backpack Sprayer
The Field King Professional Backpack Sprayer is easy to use and set up backpack sprayer. This one isn’t battery operated but its the best in its field.
The backpack can be bought in various quantities. For example, if you or you have a team caring for a large lawn or commercial property, you can opt to buy the four-pack of backpacks which saves you a ton money.
The design is a no-leak internal pump one, which is safe for use with chemicals. The internal piston is capable of delivering 150 PSI. This level of PSI is higher than you get with a diaphragm or battery backpacks.
You can more easily reach those hard to reach spots and perform more precise spray patterns this way.
The wand measures in at 21 inches and made of poly including high-quality Viton seals. These seals can be changed in just minutes with no tools if and when required.
The wand shutoff has an inline filter and uses brass components. The shutoff can be locked down for continuous spraying helping to prevent hand fatigue for those long hauls
Four nozzles are included in the kit, you get two flat fans, a brass adjustable, and a foaming nozzle. You can use Tee Jet nozzles if that is your choice.
- Features minimal high wear parts and you can fix without tools in minutes
- Pump handle is movable for left- or right-hand use
- Features 25 PSI for strength through the entire job
- Once the handle goes onto the shaft it remains horizontal when not in use.
- The nut inside the tank may break which leaks fluid onto the user.
Chapin 61800 4 Gallon Sprayer
This a pro series product, meaning it can be used for professional applications or just at home for keeping your property in good shape.
The nozzle is adjustable, you can simply twist it and the pattern will be adjusted to your liking.
You can make it to a coarse stream or a fine mist in just a matter of seconds.
The adjustable foaming nozzle is another great feature. You can see where, when and the quantity of product you’ve sprayed onto the surfaces of your work area.
The in-tank filter helps collect debris and will have you working longer and more efficiently.
It sure beats having to stop work just to clean out clogged nozzles and hoses.
The shutoff assembly is very easy to take apart and clean. The user manual is great at illustrating how to do this, and anyone can learn how. It makes it easy to take care of your investment.
It is a small detail, but we loved that the backpack shoulder straps are padded.
If you are working as a landscaper or are tasked with walking around a commercial building with pesticides or herbicides, you know what a pain it is to have those straps digging into your shoulder.
This is a small thing but makes all the difference.
- Tank has a 4-inch-wide mouth which makes cleaning and filling easy
- Shoulder straps are padded for comfort while wearing
- Great for professional or home use
- Measurements are on the back of the tank- you can’t see how much you’ve sprayed.
- Wand breaks easily.
Here, we will talk about what to look for when you shop for a sprayer like these.
How to choose the best battery powered backpack sprayer.
To choose the very best one for your job, ask yourself: What am I using this for?
If you need it for your home, you can opt for smaller tank size and fewer features. Most of us at home are using it to kill weeds or water/care for plants so it doesn’t have to be complicated.
Meanwhile, if you are using one of these tanks for a landscaping or commercial job, you will want to go for a larger tank.
You'll want more support and comfortable shoulder straps so you can get the job done with fewer stops to refill the tank, and to keep yourself comfortable as you walk around the property.
What are the advantages/benefits of battery powered backpack sprayer?
- You save your strength- the tank just rides on your back as a backpack does, which frees your hands up.
- No pumping the tank constantly, which keeps your arms from getting tired.
- It helps you reach tight places where spraying with a hose, or washing with a sponge or rag, could be impossible if you are using it in that way
- You can use these backpacks as sprayers for washing your car or other surfaces- it’s not just for gardening or landscape use!
- It’s great for spot spraying weeds. No more bending over and pulling them out- you can just zap them with this sprayer and away they go.
Things to look for when buying
Diaphragm vs Piston pump sprayers:
Piston style sprayers are cheaper than diaphragm style devices.
Piston style sprayers are also less strong when it comes to using them with dry herbicide blends.
Meanwhile, consumers tend to favor diaphragm-style pumps, as they are easier to fix and maintain.
You are going to be wearing this, so make sure it is comfortable.
Look for easy to grip handles, padded straps for comfort and ease of use, and a wand grip that is easy to hold onto for hours of use.
Check out the tank material, too- polyethylene is best because it offers UV protection.
Look for a tank that promises easy maintenance and tool-free fixing.
If you’re far away from your workbench or work truck but want to keep working, you will need a machine that can be fixed on the go so you can get the job done in time.
Cleaning is another to consider. Keeping your sprayer clean will increase its life span, give you less trouble in the long run.
What’s the best way to use a battery powered backpack sprayer?
Safety is always first. Make sure that you follow all manufacturer instructions for setting up the device the first time you use it. You might also check YouTube for videos about how to set up your sprayer.
Next, when you prepare your mixture, be extra safe. Wear gloves and PPE such as a mask and goggles when mixing chemicals for use. Wear waterproof clothing that repels liquid so that if a spill or leak happens, your skin is protected.
Last, make sure the backpack feels right on your back. It should not be hard for you to carry around or put a strain on your back. If this happens, adjust the straps for greater comfort.
Cautions for using Battery Powered Backpack Sprayers
- Make sure you read and understand all material in the operation manual included with purchase.
- Inspect the sprayer tank before use for disrepair or damage and ensure all parts of the tank are working properly/clean.
- Do not use it if any part is defective.
- Make sure you are wearing gloves, coveralls, and eye protection when using your sprayer- and be sure they are all chemical resistant.
- Take care as you walk or bend. Bend at the knees if you must.
- Do not spray at animals or people.
- Prevent UV damage to the sprayer by keeping it stored out of direct sunlight.
I hope this article about battery-powered backpack sprayers has been helpful to you. We've covered a few different sprayers and hope to have helped you to choose the best backpack sprayer for you.
Value for money the 105Ex sprayer is my best choice. Its lightweight construction, brass wand and the cubby hole protecting the electrics and battery is an eye for detail.
The harness carries the pack well and doesn't cut in much even after a long period of time.
Click on the link below and check it out for yourself... read other reviews for those who've purchased the sprayer both good and bad.