Welcome to our article which centers upon corded, electric mowers!
In this article, we will talk about five great choices for your mowing pleasure and discuss the basics of these great little machines.
These are perfect for people with small yards and limited space.
You don’t need to worry about gas, spark plugs, or oil; just have an extension cord on hand and you will be all set.
In a hurry… check out the list of the best corded electric lawn mowers for 2020
9 More of the best corded electric lawn mowers for 2020
American Lawn Mower Company 50514 14-Inch 11-Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower, Black
- Powerful 11-Amp motor provides the power to cut all types of grasses; High efficiency motor for gas-like power
- Large 14" cutting width with 5-position easy-change cutting height adjustment from 1" to 2. 5"
- 2-in-1 rear discharge and mulching system; Includes hard top 16 Gal grass bag with grass level indicator for convenience and easy disposal
- Multiple handle height positions, making it comfortable for all users; Compact and slim frame with folding handles for easy storage
- Lightweight and easy to operate; Clean air alternative to gas-powered lawn mowers
TACKLIFE Corded Electric Lawn Mower 13 Amp, 16 Inch Lawn Mower, 5 Cutting Heights, Vertical Storage, Tool-Free Assembly, Quick Folding
- ▲[16-INCH CUTTING] 13Amp corded electric lawn mower is equipped with 16-inch high-hardness metal steel blades, high-speed rotation, providing smooth cutting
- ▲[5 MOWING HEIGHTS] The central height adjustment system provides 5 mowing heights (range 0.87" -2.76"), which can be adapted to different types of lawns, such as Z0YSIA, TALL FESCUE
- ▲[PORTABLE&PRACTICAL] Tool-free installation and foldable handle design can realize quick installation and folding; vertical storage design saves space and is convenient for storage and transportation. Folding size: 31.1''* 16.93''* 21.26''
- ▲[ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION] The wired electric lawn mower does not need to be charged, has low noise, and achieves zero emission; compared with the gasoline engine, the maintenance cost is low and economical
- ▲[CONVENIENT DESIGN] The 13.2 gallon large-capacity grass collecting box is equipped with a full grass indicator, which can reduce the number of falling grass compared with ordinary grass boxes, ensuring efficient work and labor saving
Greenworks 14-Inch 9 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower MO09B01
$117.39 in stock
4 used from $104.82
- Model Number: MO09B01
- Item Package Length: 27.99999997144"
- Item Package Width: 18.49999998113"
- Item Package Height: 14.9999999847"
BLACK+DECKER Lawn Mower, Corded, 13-Amp, 20-Inch (MM2000)
- 20-inch wide cutting path
- 7-setting height adjustment from 1-1/2 inch to 4 inches high
- Convenient carrying handle.Deck Material:ABS Plastic
- 13-gallon nylon grass collection bag
- Included Components: (1) Mower, (1) Grass collection bag; Power Source: Electric
BLACK+DECKER Lawn Mower, Corded, 13 Amp, 20-Inch (BEMW213),Orange
4 used from $135.74
- 13 amp motor to power through tall grass
- 20" Mower deck
- 6 setting Height adjust for precise cutting specifications
- Easy fold handle for convenient storage when not in use
- Lift handle for easy transportation
Greenworks 16-Inch 10 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower 25142 (Renewed)
- Your purchase includes One Greenworks 16" 10 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower, 25142 model
- Lawn Mower dimensions – 52.05” L x 19.21” W x 41” H | Wheels size – 7” and 8” | Cutting width – 17”
- 2-in-1 feature offers rear bagging and mulching capability for multiple use
- The unit is made of high quality durable plastic, which allows it to be light in weight and easy to maneuver
- Single lever 5-position height adjustment offers cutting height range from 1-1/4 inch to 3-3/8-inch for the best cut in all environments
Greenworks 14-Inch 9 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower with Extra Blade
$117.39 in stock
4 used from $99.94
- 9 amp electric motor delivers enough power to cut through touch grass
- 14'' Deck is versatile and light weight
- 2-In-1 feature provides mulching and rear discharge capabilities
- 5 position height adjustment offers a range of cutting Height from 5/8-inch to 2-5/8-Inch for the perfect cut on all types of grass
- 7-Inch rear wheel and 6-inch front wheels
BLACK+DECKER BESTA512CM Electric Lawn Mower
3 used from $71.38
- Easily converts from mower to trimmer to edger for 3 tools in 1
- The 6.5 amp motor and power drive transmission provide maximum performance when trimming through the toughest weeds, grass, and overgrowth
- Automatic feed Spool (AFS) lets you continue working without bumping or having to stop to adjust the Spool. Cutting heights 1. 6 inch. /2. 4 inch. Cutting path 12 inch
- Lightweight design with adjustable handle and height positions provide maximum comfort and control
- Cord retention system prevents accidental cord disconnection. 8000 RPM
BLACK+DECKER Electric Lawn Mower, 10 -Amp, 15-Inch (BEMW472BH)
7 used from $83.69
- Improved ergonomics: Comfort grip handle makes the lawn mower easy to maneuver
- Better clipping collection: Our winged blade achieves 30 % better clipping collection
- No more pull cords: Push button start makes starting the lawn mower a breeze
- Easy to adjust: 6 height adjustments from 1 inch to 3 inches. Ideal for 1/8 acre. No Mulching Capability
- Better control: Rugged wheel treads designed for control in thick grass
Caring for Your Electric Lawn Mower
Here are some of our top care tips for electric lawn mower owners to get the most out of their purchase.
- Read the Manual- this is your top source for maintenance and repair info.
- Safety Check the Extension Cord for any rips, tears, or frays. Do the same for your mower’s cord, also.
- Clean off the Deck- Make sure the mower is unplugged, and blades are not moving. Then you can tip it over and safely clean it.
- Check over the vents: The body of an electric mower has air vents. These vents are made to help keep the inside of the mower from overheating. They can get stopped up with debris which can limit how much air reaches the motor. You might use compressed air to get rid of the buildup, or you can simply wipe them down, so they get clean.
How Does an Electric Corded Mower Work?
In a very basic sense, the electric lawn mower works like any other electrically powered device you own.
You plug the extension cord’s female end into the male end of the lawn mower.
The male end of the electric cord goes into the GFCI outlet.
Then, you turn on the mower and the electricity from the supply outlet powers the machine.
You start up the mower by pressing a button and then holding the handles to start the mower’s blade turning. You then walk around the yard mowing in a consistent pattern, cutting down that grass and making it look great.
You can enjoy unlimited operating times with your electric mower thanks to its constant supply of energy from the outlet.
Just be mindful of the cord- and be sure to choose a colorful extension cord in colors like orange or yellow so that you always see it in the grass.
Who Needs an Electric Corded Mower?
Could an electric mower with a cord be the right lawn tool for you? Here are a few things to think about before you buy.
- How big is my yard? Remember, smaller is better when it comes to using an electric mower, as the extension cord can only go so far.
- Am I OK to push the mower around? These are lightweight, but everyone’s ability level is different. These are great for people whose strength is limited due to age or injury.
- Am I OK with going over the grass a few times? Remember, these are powerful, but they don’t have that same power as a gas mower. You may need to make a few passes, which is normal.
- Is getting fuel and transporting it a problem? Perhaps you do not own a car and walking to a gas station and back for a gas mower is too taxing. Perhaps you do not want to transport a jerry can of gas in your car. Or, for safety reasons, you do not want a can of flammable gas on your property. These are all good reasons to purchase a corded mower.
If you live in the city, an electric corded mower is a great option for you.
Most city yards are small, and these mowers won’t spew out fumes that offend neighbors or harm kids/pets.
These mowers are also quiet, emitting only about 65 to 75 decibels as compared to a gas mower which ranks in at 95 to 100 decibels.
Despite their quietness, ear protection is always a good idea and is recommended.
Safety First: Precautions for Use of An Electric Mower
You must exercise safety when operating your cordless electric lawn mower. These are easy to use, but don’t take it lightly. Here are a few tips to make your mowing experience as safe as possible.
- Get children and pets out of the yard. Clear any toys, rocks, or other debris out of your path.
- Wear clothing that protects the skin. A sun hat, long pants, safety glasses and long-sleeve shirt plus gardening gloves can help keep sun and debris off your skin.
- Mow only the grass, and be mindful of sprinkler heads, natural gas valves, and be sure to avoid rocks that could be tossed by the mower blades.
- Wear sneakers or work boots. Flip flops are a no no. You want to make sure your feet are safe. Keep shoelaces tied up and tuck them into your boots if necessary.
- Mow across the slopes, don’t go up and down. If you mow up and down, the mower could roll downhill.
- Mow only when you can see; e.g. in daylight or with a bright light.
- Do not allow anyone to use the mower unless they are skilled in its use, are willing to dress appropriately for the job, and are in the right state of mind to do so (not under the influence of alcohol).
- Electricity and water do not mix. Mow only in dry conditions- never when it is raining.
Which is the Best Corded Electric Lawn Mower?
This of course varies depending on whom you ask. I personally stand by any of the Greenworks mowers, as I find the brand to be helpful and always of good quality. That being said, there are plenty of other good brands out there such as Sun Joe.
The thing we love about Greenworks is that they offer a variety of mowers and cutting sizes. You can choose a smaller size 16 inch cutting radius, or you can go big and opt for a 21-inch deck.
The Greenworks mowers have plenty of adjustable height, and best of all, other customers have rated them favorably.
If you’re on the fence and not sure what to choose, my favorite is the Greenworks 16-inch mower. It’s relatively lightweight, easy to put together and It can tackle most small lawns with ease.
It’s that great Greenworks name we know and trust here on my blog. I like the adjustable height option and the ability to fold down the mower when not in use. There is also 2 in 1 bagging and mulching feature, which gives your lawn that final and clean touch.
Perhaps most importantly, the price is right, and the mower is affordable for most budgets.
We hope this article about the best electric mower has been helpful to you. There are so many advantages to these great little mowers. Another option is to go battery and eliminate cords all together and we have an excellent review post on the best battery operated lawnmowers
-You don’t need to worry about spark plugs, oil, gas or other fuel sources.
-These mowers are made of plastic, mostly- thus, they are easy to carry and push around, even for teens or elderly folks.
-They start with just the push of a button, which saves your back and your arms.
-They are quiet which will be considerate of others in the neighborhood.
-They are great for the planet as they don’t spew out fumes of any kind.
Which of these mowers will you choose? Everyone’s a winner, so get ready to enjoy the chore of mowing your yard!