Table of Contents
If you’re looking for an easy to use smart sprinkler control pad that isn’t complicated as crap and doesn’t need a degree in computer science to use it… if the controller you got now not doing what it’s meant to do or been smoked… then the Orbit 57946 B hyve smart sprinkler controller could be your best option.
You get can choose between 6 stations or for larger lawns with more than 6 stations the 12 station control panel be the go.
Note: Before you go too far in reading this review the orbit 57946 b hyve is ONLY suitable for 110 volts. They are only compatible and compliant with North American electrical outlets.
So in saying that… let’s get int to it…
Installation of the orbit 57946 b hyve
Installation is pretty easy and straight forward and there are no special tools required to do so. If you already have a panel in place, take a photo on your mobile phone to cover ya ass of the wiring diagram.
Turn the power off and remove the wiring from your old unit and replicate it with the new controller.
The front panel on the Orbit 57946 will pull out from the right side and pivot on the left hinge. This will allow you to mount the controller to its location and easy access to the angled wiring terminals.
Just run your wires up from underneath of the panel, you will have to punch out one of the plugs
Connect your common up, master valve if using and plug the power into the socket.
You can cut the plug off and hardwire the controller too if like, and that is it.
Follow the instructions on how to set up and use the controller and then you will be good to go.
Best Features Of The Orbit 57946 B-hyve Smart Sprinkler Controller
The controller uses data information from live weather feeds, historical evapotranspiration or ET for short. Every zip code in the United States has it’s very own historical ET that feeds these smart control panels information.
They even take in soil type, slope and amount of sun/shade.
With this information being feed to the brains, the controller automatically adjusts the settings to deliver the exact amount of water to your lawn and garden.
iOS or Android?
Regardless of which operating system you use, the controller will work on iOS and Android and if you rather use pad or computer no worries as well. The Orbit 57946 B-hyve smart sprinkler can even be controlled on web browser devices.
As long as you have internet, you have the power to control your system from anywhere.
To program, you can use the Orbit app on your device, directly at the time itself or let the smart control panel do it all for you by using the weather-base software programmed into the controller.
Since that is why we have it for, let it do the work it’s designed for.
Orbit 57946 B-hyve Smart Indoor/Outdoor 6-Station WiFi Sprinkler System Controller
$82.00 in stock
1 used from $80.72
- WELCOME TO B-HYVE: Looking to get a smart sprinkler controller? If this is out of stock, or if you want the best, check out the CES Innovation Award-winning B-hyve XR smart controller
- CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE: The B-hyve app is fully functional for android, iOS or web devices and gives you control wherever you need it program your timer on the app, at the timer, or let the weather-based software create a program for you
- SMART WATERING: WeatherSense technology provides watering based on site conditions such as slope, soil type, sun/shade, historical et and live weather feeds, it automatically adjusts your controller to deliver the right amount of water to your plants
- EASY TO INSTALL AND USE: Utilize the swing panel for easy access to the angled wiring terminals, which makes wiring simple and convenient and the plug-and-go line cord that can also be cut for hardwired applications
- CERTIFIED TO SAVE WATER AND MONEY: B-hyve is EPA WaterSense approved and certified, ensuring it will save you water and energy; this can also make your B-hyve timer eligible for local rebates, which can save up to 100% of the cost on your timer
Putting Money Back Into Your Pocket
Find out from your local or use this site WaterSense to see if you can get a water rebate as this controller is approved by the EPA WaterSense verified. The rebates could allow up to 100% refund of the cost of your controller. Worth a look I say.
Not only can you save up to 100% of the cost on your timer but also save up to 50% off your monthly water bills.
Durability & Security
It doesn’t matter if you are going to mount the controller on the sidewall of your house, inside the shed or garage or on a pole down in the back corner of the block.
The Orbit 57946 b hyve Wi-Fi sprinkler timer comes in a weather-resistant locking case. It’s childproof lockable so wouldn’t go stashing ya rainy day money in there treating it like a safe.
If you really want to go full techo you can connect the timer to activate with your voice. You can now talk to your timer, may make more sense than talking to the wife at times, if she is anything like mine haha.
There is another device you will have to purchase as an extra if your home isn’t already set up using Amazon Alexa.
Some other controllers like the Rachio gen 3 has the ability to use other platforms like Google Assistance, Nest and few others.
Does It Work With Master Valve Or Pump
Many systems will have a master valve or a pump that needs to be turned on to allow the water to get to your valves. You should have two wires coming off of this valve/relay. One wire will go to the terminal labeled Pump, and the other wire will go into the common (C).
Gravely’s customer care unit is always ready and available to answer any pressing issues.
- Easy to install
- Can be installed indoor or out
- Save money with lower water usage and local rebate.
- Found the Iphone app is buggy
- Doesn’t come with manual, have to download it yourself.
Where To Buy This Product
You can purchase your new Orbit 57946 b hyvecontroller by using the link below which will take you to Amazon.com.
We use and recommend Amazon.com for all our irrigation timers. You get fast delivery and handling, as well as great warranty and return policies. Not only that you will get any special offers promos or sales that may be on offer when you purchase your new timer today.
Just click on the button below for more reviews and the current price…